The fast fashion industry has left a huge dent on the way we consume, produce and think of clothing. It has contributed to 10% of humanity’s carbon emissions every year and it is devastating to see the impact of waste and overconsumption is doing to our planet. Slowly but surely, the clothing industry is taking steps towards a collective goal of longevity. At Sahana, we’re so proud to say that we’ve been practising sustainable and slow-living ever since the beginning and progressing in every step of the way.
Sustainability is no longer a short-lived trend that people can adopt and forget after a few months. It involves considering the entire lifecycle of a garment. From sourcing yarn, to producing fabric to making the garment and transporting until it is received by you. At Sahana, we consider every aspect of this process carefully and make sustainable and ethical choices to offer you products that are not only beautiful but also environmentally responsible.
- What you put on your skin matters: This is one of the fundamental aspects of sustainable clothing. When you browse through our collections at Sahana, you'll find products crafted from 100% cotton, linen, and all natural fabric made with eco-friendly AZO free plant based dye. These harmless materials reduce the environmental footprint of clothing production by minimising chemical use, water consumption, and energy waste.
- Are our workers well looked after? Our weavers and our skilful artisans are the heart of our business and we are committed to ethical production practices so they can continue their ancient craftsmanship for future generations. We prioritise fair wages and safe working conditions through each part of our production process with our partners. By choosing Sahana, you're supporting and empowering communities to be sustainable and to thrive.
- Timeless designs for a classic wardrobe: Sahana embraces timeless designs that transcend fleeting trends, ensuring your wardrobe remains relevant for years to come. This approach not only reduces your personal contribution to landfills but also promotes a more sustainable consumer culture, resulting in a wardrobe that is good for the pocket as well as the earth.
- Quality Over Quantity: Instead of amassing a large number of cheap quality, short-lived pieces, consider investing in quality garments that last for a lifetime. At Sahana, our meticulously crafted products are designed to withstand the test of time, both in terms of durability and style. By curating a smaller, high-quality wardrobe, you're actively and positively participating in sustainable fashion practices.
- Conscious Consumption: Making ethical fashion choices also involves being a responsible consumer. This choice is all yours. Before making a purchase, ask yourself ‘does this item align with my personal values’? ‘Is the business I’m buying from making good sustainable and ethical choices’? Avoiding impulse buying and carefully considering your choices, you will simplify your life and begin to enjoy your possessions.
Sustainable fashion choices are a reflection of your values and contribute to a more compassionate and environmentally conscious world. Being a clothing brand, we’ve understood our role since the beginning. Our motivation has always been creating artistic pieces that go hand-in-hand with nature. We're conscious about using our resources mindfully.
Join us in embracing a brighter and greener future through your fashion choices. Remember, every small step counts, and collectively, our choices can reshape the fashion world for the better.